3.20.2008

First day of spring celebration

Today was gorgeous, and Mother Nature definitely blessed us with a beautiful first day of spring, living up to everything I said spring should be in the dorky poem below. In honor of this glorious day, Ryan, Siena and I spent quite a bit of time outside playing in the backyard. Because I had a horrendous time trying to write today at work, I don't think I'm up to describing it solely with words. Therefore, my friends, I've compiled the following photo essay with minimal verbiage:

This (what I assume to be) curious flower popped up the other day. I'm not sure exactly what it is or what it will do, so if you know, please leave a comment:



I'm probably most curious to know if it comes up yearly or if it's a one-shot flower. I hope it comes up yearly because if not, that means that the poor late Earl isn't here to see it. Either way, I'll appreciate the flowers Tolle-style and try to make sure that Siena doesn't devour them too violently.




I'm not exactly sure where this piece of landscaping trim came from, but Siena found it and now cherishes it. This afternoon she dragged her prized possession to the middle of the yard for a serious chew-down.




Here's a close-up of her frolicking with it:


After a few rounds of energetic fetch...


And even sitting on command between throws...


Siena needed a drink; She isn't used to the non-freezing conditions. Note that screens used to be in that door frame. Siena busted through one and chewed through the other. It's a self-made doggie door.




Next stop? The planter. It's seriously her favorite spot. When we first got her there were mums planted in them; now there are nubs where living things used to be. (This is not a good sign for the aforementioned flowers.)




Finally, Siena came inside for some snuggle time. Happy first day of spring, everyone!


1 comment:

Erin said...

Puppy destruction and consumption. I love it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin