11.30.2007

En Fuego

On Tuesday, I blogged about my turkey difficulties. Alas, I forgot to mention my biggest screw up of all…and one that totally puts me way above Ryan in the race to win the “Biggest Idiot” title. See, he may have turned the oven off halfway through cooking our turkey, but I lit a candle at 8 pm Sunday night and didn’t realize it until I woke up at 6 am Monday morning and smelled the scent of the dang thing.

Thankfully, the candle is huge and didn’t melt all over the floor or burn the Nut down. I’m seriously counting my lucky stars. Did you know that candles are the 4th leading cause of house fires? I’m such a moron.

I must have a thing for fire lately though. A couple of weeks ago, I randomly took photos of this same dang candle. Here it is in its dangerous glory:


This holiday season, when you're probably burning more candles than usual, use common sense, people. Be smarter than me!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin