12.14.2007

Scoring Update

Ice Storm: 2, Jenn: 0 (still)


The ice storm dealt me yet another blow. During the icing/raining extravaganza, our power glitched a few times, thereby frying our answering machine. Our phones still work and all, but if you want to leave a message, tough luck. Try blowing up the celly, yo.

And, in my perpetual battle with the friggin post office, the score now reads USPS: 1, Jenn: 0.

I hate the post office. I know those are strong words, but most of the time they're not open, they keep changing the dang cost of stamps, and generally they have too few offices for the number of people who need to mail things, especially this time of year. Earlier this week though, I had softened on them after discovering you could order shipping supplies online, buy stamps, have a postal carrier pick up your package at your house, etc. But, I'm writing to tell you that I was wrong. W-R-O-N-G. Wrong. The post office still sucks.

Thursday, I set Tish's gift out on my doorstep, awaiting its scheduled pickup. I was delighted to come home Thursday evening to see that, yes, it was indeed picked up. But, what did I come home to tonight? This, in all of it's stamped-up glory:


With a label slapped on it, reading this:


Are you kidding me?! I was livid. Don't freakin advertise that you'll pick something up if you won't. I read everything I could on their stupid Web site, and it didn't mention ish about 13 oz. ARGH! So, now, on my Saturday, I have to go to the post office and fight with all the other ticked-off idiots who are trying to get their Christmas gifts mailed before the big day. Wish me luck and that I don't go postal (ha ha, that was bad, sad joke).

(And yes, Tish, this is all too hilarious after you recently had a friend from work prank me, pretending to be a USPS worker saying they couldn't pick my package up from my home. You were more insightful than you realized!)

3 comments:

Tish said...

hee hee...i shouldn't find this amusing...i shouldn't but darn it if i jinxed us both!

elizabethjune said...

no shit that thing sucks! i've been trying to print out mailing labels for your present and sara harriers--it keeps giving me an error! seriously, it is sooo hard for me to get to the post office--none of them are car accessible, i have to metro to all, i work in one state and live in another so i have to carry that stuff on the friggin' morning rush hour train? whatever! so, you might get your present before xmas and if not, well, xmas will continue for a couple of days. i guess that's not so bad?

Jenn said...

Update: Apparently Hy-Vee has a post office in it...that's open like 7 am to 10 pm every day of the week. No offical post office to visit? Hell yes!

The package is on its lovely little way. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin