12.17.2007

Toto Invasion

You ever feel like the universe is trying to tell you something? Ever have a period in your life where the same dang thing keeps popping up over and over, and you want to scream to the gods, "Okay, already. I get it!" Have ya?


Well, I'm feeling that way, but I'm definitely not understanding the message. Toto is EVERYWHERE in my life. And when I say Toto, I mean this Toto:




Not to be confused with this Toto:


My first encounter with Toto happened three weeks ago at Ryan's parent's house. We were there picking up some Christmas ornaments when Ryan's mom asked us if we wanted to borrow her latest purchase, the CD of Toto's Greatest Hits. Ryan, a closet Toto fan, was all over it. On our way home, we enjoyed hits such as Rosanna, Hold the Line, Africa and Ryan's favorite Georgie Porgy (for the record, that one is my least favorite). For the next two weeks, we listened to quite a bit of Toto -- in the car, while cleaning the house and Ryan sung it quite frequently, thereby providing some Toto-inspired entertainment daily.

Then, I began hearing Toto everywhere, and without Ryan nearby. This is when I started to get freaked out. Today, I heard Hold the Line when I got in the car on my way to work. Then, over lunch I heard Rosanna in the car but on another station. AND, yesterday Ryan and I were watching an old Scrubs episode and JD was listening to Africa on his ipod.

Toto is everywhere! But, what does it mean?! Does it mean that Toto is posed for a comeback? Should I go to Africa? Is Rosanna the key to world peace? Or does it mean that I need to buy some new CDs and stop listening to the radio and/or Ryan sing? It's a mystery, folks. I'm up for suggestions.

2 comments:

Tish said...

i LOVED that episode of scrubs. so clever : )

not one of my writer's either lol

Erin said...

There are no coincidences! I know what you mean though. That kind of stuff happens to me and creeps me out all the time.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin